Tea-themed, traditional drink cafes are enjoying a boom in Korea, but it is hard to find one that has become a huge hit. That is probably due to the fact that tea-based lattes made using Korean traditional ingredients like mugwort and black sesame are not an easy sell to Koreans whose coffee consumption is one of the highest in the world. Not only that, pairing of those drinks with Western desserts is difficult..
Sonsudam, a small Asian dessert cafe with unique latte varieties located in Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, is a pleasant discovery.
Originally a studio that focused on making flower cakes and which has offered one-day classes for those who want to learn to make them, Sonsudam began selling coffee that went well with soft and sweet, eye-catching flower cakes made of organic ingredients and rice flour.
- Daily Sports Hankook hopes to help stengthen Korea
- 尹 대통령 “새마을정신 되새겨 혁신과 창의로 뭉쳐야”
- Jeju female divers 'haenyeo' listed as FAO agricultural heritage system
- 인요한 "변하든지 죽든지…말 듣지 않으면 매도 들 수 있다"
- [Herald Interview] 'Korea strives to set global standards for data protection in generative AI era'
- Samsung Electronics accounts for 84% of Q3 smartphone sales
- ‘험지 출마’ 압박받는 장제원, 4200명 운집 산악회로 세 과시
- Stalking crimes could lead to up to 5 years in prison custody