Stray Kids charted No. 1 on Billboard 200 with its eighth EP, according to the publication’s preview published on Sunday in the US.
EP “Rock-Star” is the band’s fourth consecutive album to achieve the feat, following previous EPs, “Oddinary” and “Maxident,” as well as third studio album “Five-Star.”
The eight-member act is the only K-pop band to top the main albums chart more than four times besides BTS that did so six times.
The band performed at 2023 Billboard Music Awards, putting on “Lalalala,” which fronted the new EP, as well as “S-Class,” the main track from third LP. It also nabbed the Top K-Pop Album award with the full album.
The eighth EP was rolled out on Nov. 10 and topped the iTunes top albums chart in 32 regions as did the lead single on top songs chart in 37. The album sold more than 2 million copies in two days.
BTS’ Jungkook sets another sales record with solo album
- Korean Air orders 20 Airbus A321neo aircraft
- Hana Financial signs MOU with Saudi Arabia's EXIM bank to expand cooperation
- 4th Global Biz Forum kicks off to discuss 'next prosperity'
- Seoul shares tumble to 5
- "조선의 샛별 여장군, 세계가 우러러 볼것"…北, 김주애도 우상화
- [Hello Hangeul] The making of Korean language textbooks featuring BTS
- [Feature] The rise and fall of terrestrial TV dramas
- Uzbekistan, Korea boost customs cooperation