JYP Entertainment’s girl group NiziU has won the best pop video award at the MTV Video Music Awards Japan 2023.
According to MTV, NiziU’s titular track of its 5th single album “Paradise,” also the theme song of “Doraemon the Movie,” won as this year’s best pop video.
Before this, NiziU had received the best dance video award at MTV VMAJ in 2020 with its pre-debut single “Make You Happy,” and the best buzz award -- given to artists who have generated a lot of buzz with their releases and contributed to the development of the music industry -- in 2021.
NiziU will receive the best pop video award at on Nov. 22 and grace the stage with their performance.
MTV VMAJ is the Japanese version of the prestigious American video music awards, held annually since 2002.
NiziU, currently active only in Japan, is to debut in South Korea on Monday with its single “Press Play.”
- Labor unions slam government efforts to attract more foreign workers
- Enhypen to make MBC show debut, ending yearslong performance dispute
- Lawmaker calls for specifying China's responsibility in UN resolution on NK human rights
- Defense minister rejects plans for J
- Court clears cabbie in death of passenger who jumped out of moving taxi
- [Herald Interview] Korea
- Samsung SDI, Volvo Trucks vow to enhance battery partnership
- US envoy vows to make clear 'inextricable' link between N. Korea's human rights abuses, threats